With time, gravity, exposure to sunlight and the stress of everyday life change the appearance of our face and neck. Deep wrinkles appear next to the mouth, relaxes the jaw and the neck develops loose folds and fat deposits.
Lifting the face erases these signs of age through muscle tightening and fat removal and excess skin, giving your face a fresher and more youthful appearance. After surgery, some patients look 10-15 years younger!
I want to do a facelift on my face and neck.
Facial lifting, also known as a wrinkleectomy, renews the middle and lower part of the face and neck.
Face lift is most effective in patients who want to correct:
- Deep wrinkles under the eyes
- Relaxation of the average person
- Deep wrinkles between the nose and mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Loose areas of fat
- Loose skin and fat under the jaw and jaw
What doesn't fix the face lift?
- The lifting of the face can improve the appearance of patients with the above problems, but it can be understood that the lifting of the face cannot "freeze" the process of old age. Over time, signs of old age will appear again.
- Additionally, the face lift does not renew eyebrows, eyelids and nose. Patients who want to improve these areas should consider combining face lift with blepharoplasty or rhinoplasty.
- Injectable fillers, botox and laser skin resurfacing can improve the results of a face lift.
Consider suitable/candidate/a for Lifting in person when
- Do you wish to improve one or more of the age signs mentioned above
- You are women or men whose face has started to hang but the skin still has its elasticity
- You are generally healthy
- Do not smoke
- You have realistic expectations
- You are thinking of doing a face lift for personal reasons and not because someone else is forcing you to do it
When you meet with your doctor, you will further discuss whether a face lift is the right treatment for you.
How is the face lift done on the face?
Face lifts are conducted in one of the most modern clinic surgeries we work with.
- Patients are subject to total sedation.
- The whole process takes about 3 hours.
- The technique by which the face lift is performed varies depending on the surgeon, the structure of the patient's face and the expected correction. The most common technique used by plastic surgeon Dr. Pantelidis is the Deep Plane Face lift:
Deep Plane face lift
- The complete face lift for the renewal of the middle face, jaw and neck, which includes liposculpture removal, lifting and repositioning of the muscle and removal of the skin.
- The incision begins in the temples and from the front of the ear, around the lobe and behind the ear reaches up to the hairline. In some cases, a second incision is made under the jaw.
- The incisions are converged with fine stitches. The incisions are "hidden" in the hair and the physical aspects of the face.
- The results are permanent, after years your face will continue to look better than if you had After lifting the recovery
- At first, you may have swelling, numbness, bruising and pulling sensation on your face and neck.
- Your face may look uneven and you will feel stiff/stiff facial muscles.
- Most of these symptoms usually subside within 3-6 weeks and aesthetics return to normal within a few months. Scars over time improve.
- Many patients return to work by the third week.
- Various cosmetic coverings can be used to minimize the appearance of inks. You should watch your handling with your skin and hair during your recovery.
How long do the face lift results last?
The effects of a face lift don't last forever. You may want to repeat the surgery in 5-10 years. In a sense though, the results are permanent, after years your face will continue to look better than if you hadn't done face lift.
What are the risks?
Possible complications of face lift include: bleeding, infection, bruises, uneven swelling or discoloration, allergic reaction to anesthesia, blisters (usually occurring only in smokers), and transient or permanent loss of aesthetics on the face. The doctor will discuss with you the risks and benefits of face lift before surgery.
Lifting : Face lift - Neck face lift : What is the cost ?
The cost of the face lift depends on:
- The technique by which the face lift is performed varies depending on the surgeon, the structure of the patient's face and the expected correction. The most common technique used by plastic surgeon Dr. Pantelidis is the Deep Plane Face lift.
- Combination of face lift with other surgery as face lift does not renew eyebrows, eyelids and nose. Patients who want to improve these areas should consider combining face lift with blepharoplasty or rhinoplasty.
- Cost of materials, anesthesia, clinical etc.
During your first visit to Plastic you will appreciate the above factors and you will be taught the price for your own special case.